Effective July 1st 2020
Information we collect about you
We collect certain information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit our Website. However, you may choose to take certain actions on the site that include providing:
- Contact information: If you choose to sign up for our newsletter, you will be asked to provide your email address, which will be stored in a database for our newsletter audience. You may opt out of the newsletter at any time (either by clicking a link in the newsletter or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org), at which point your email address will be removed from that database.
- Information from correspondence: If you contact us by email, use any of the forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means, we may save that information for future contact with you. This information will not be shared with or sold to any third party. If you wish for any of this data to be removed from our database(s), please contact us at email@example.com.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey provided by Serenity Forge or any of our partners related to one of our Games, you may be asked to provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously. This data will not be shared with or sold to any third party other than our development or publishing partners conducting the survey or for whom the survey is conducted. If you wish for any of this data to be removed from our database(s), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in Cookies and Similar Technologies. This information includes but is not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access our Website or Listing (this can sometimes be used to derive the region, country, or city from which you are accessing said webpage).
- The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting our Website or Listing.
- The specific actions that you take on our Website, including the pages that you visit; the places you click; and the time, duration, and frequency of your visits to certain pages.
- Any search terms that you may enter on the Website.
- The hardware type, browser type, and operating system you use to visit our Website or Listing. We may also collect a specific device model ID, depending on the device type you are using.
- Information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described below.
- In certain email communications—namely, those in our newsletters—information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email.
How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Depending on where you purchased the Game, we may use your information to verify your license to the Game or provide additional post-purchase support.
- To provide you with technical support, as requested.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate. Again, if you wish to be removed from this database(s), please contact us at email@example.com.
- Your email address, if provided during a purchase or use of our Games, may be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (unless you have opted out as described above) newsletters, email marketing, and other email notifications.
- To analyze the use of our Website, Listings, and Games, and the people visiting them, in order to improve and/or repair the Serenity Forge experience.
- To customize your use of the Website or Game(s) and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to that proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- For internal processing: In the process of using your information as described above, we may be required to store and/or process said information through a third-party analytics service, provided that the data will not be made available publicly, to other users of the service, or to other third parties.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Website or Listing in order to create statistical information regarding said platforms and their use, which we may then share with third parties. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena, or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests; defend the rights of those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders; and/or to ensure the safety and security of our Website, Listings, Games, or the larger Serenity Forge community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Serenity Forge, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
- With your consent: We may disclose your information to a third party not described above only if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
Storing of your information
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as cookies, by changing settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, also understand that disabling some cookies on some websites—potential including our Website and Listings—may not perform as expected when cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites and apps, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Depending on the device you use to visit our Website or Listing, this information may includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site for analytical purposes, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
In some of our marketing around the internet we will use a tagged URL linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email, or utilize a web browser that allows for customization of which cross-site tracking you wish to allow.
Choice and Control
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a Serenity Forge account, you can control your information in the following ways:
Unsubscribing from newsletter or marketing message emails: Click on the “unsubscribe” link provided in any marketing or newsletter email. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have your email removed.
Deleting your information from Serenity Forge’s database(s): To delete your information from our database(s) completely, just send an email to email@example.com and request to have your information removed. We will then make our best efforts to remove the data within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or because we have a legitimate legal reason for doing so.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Serenity Forge and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes and updates to this Policy