Based in Boulder, CO
Press / Business contact:
Serenity Forge's mission is to create meaningful, value-driven games that challenge the way you think. We believe that video games can become a vital part of art, culture, and education. Ultimately, we are in the business of improving people's lives.
Serenity Forge was founded on the principle that games can be powerful tools to teach and inspire meaningful experiences. The core team formed in high school, and continued to expand in college. In 2012, the team officially incorporated to become a LLC and released a free non-fictional visual novel, Loving Life, which chronicled the brief but horrifying near-fatal illness that inspired Zhenghua Yang (Z) to form Serenity Forge. Since then, Serenity Forge has had the goal of creating games that challenge the way you think.Loving Life- The beginning of Serenity Forge
Loving Life is an experimental non-fictional visual story that tells the story of how Zhenghua Yang (Z) experienced a life-threatening illness that gave him a life-changing revelation.Collaborations
Through meeting passionate developers over the years and building up a versatile team of programmers and artists, Serenity Forge has been able to discover its value as a studio capable of collaborating with other studios to turn their visions into reality. Whether it's doing art production for Where the Water Tastes Like Wine or design/programming for Once Upon a Coma, Serenity Forge has been able to enhance the production of its partners' games through the studio's unique sense of intuition and work culture.The King's Bird- Experience Freedom, Flight, and Flow.
The King's Bird empowers you to experience the beauty of flight and the power of the wind. Experience an artistic, momentum-driven game that seamlessly combines precision-platforming with physics-based gliding.Publishing
In mid-2016, Serenity Forge announced a new publishing branch that focuses on finding other indie games out there that challenge the way you think. Games that have been announced so far include Four Sided Fantasy, Lifeless Planet, and Mystic Melee.
Lifeless Planet: Premier Edition PS4 Trailer YouTube
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Story Trailer YouTube
Four Sided Fantasy Launch Trailer YouTube
Mystic Melee Trailer YouTube
The King's Bird Early Teaser YouTube
Once Upon a Coma Announcement Teaser YouTube
There are far more images available for Serenity Forge, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX Prime 2015 Indie Minibooth Selection (The King's Bird)" - Seattle, WA, 2015
- "Patreon MIX Developer Showcase (The King's Bird)" - San Francisco (GDC), Patreon HQ, 2016
- "MIX E3 Showcase (Four Sided Fantasy)" - Los Angeles, 2016
- "Following the nerd community standard of taking something incredibly complicated and boiling it down to something both fun and easy to use."
- Robert Rappoport, The Indie Game Magazine
- "This was the most mind-bending game I played all week."
- Stephen Totilo, E3 2016, Kotaku
- "The King's Bird looks like one of the most graceful platformers yet."
- Chloi Rad, Kill Screen
- "Have you ever wanted to bend the fabric of space with wormholes? If so, Luna's Wandering Stars just might be the game for you!"
- Crystal Baltimore, Operation Rainfall
- "Yes, you can be a gamer and study for next week's exam all at the same time."
- Jessica Ryan, Colorado Daily
Loving Life Download
Download the short non-fictional visual novel of Zhenghua Yang (Z)'s near-death experience that inspired the creation of Serenity Forge: serenityforge.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Zhenghua Yang (Z)
President and CEO, Producer, Artist
Producer, Marketing Director
Boan (Dian) Ding
Programmer, Technical Artist, Animator
Art Director, Technical Artist
Programmer, UX Designer
Digital Artist, Scenario Designer