Based in Boulder, CO
Press / Business contact:
Serenity Forge's mission is to create meaningful, value-driven games that challenge the way you think. We believe that video games can become a vital part of art, culture, and education. Ultimately, we are in the business of improving people's lives.
Serenity Forge was founded on the principle that games can be powerful tools to teach and inspire meaningful experiences. The core team formed in high school, and continued to expand in college. In 2012, the team officially incorporated to become a LLC and released a free non-fictional visual novel, Loving Life, which chronicled the brief but horrifying near-fatal illness that inspired Zhenghua Yang (Z) to form Serenity Forge. Since then, Serenity Forge has had the goal of creating games that challenge the way you think.Loving Life- The beginning of Serenity Forge
Loving Life is an experimental non-fictional visual story that tells the story of how Zhenghua Yang (Z) experienced a life-threatening illness that gave him a life-changing revelation.Luna’s Wandering Stars and Pixel Galaxy
Control the powers of the cosmos. Explore your curiosity of space! Luna’s Wandering Stars was our love-letter to space; a physics-puzzle game that centers around real Newtonian physics and various ways to manipulate the universe. Change the strength of gravity, use rockets to boost your way through asteroid belts, or even bend the fabric of space with wormholes. The game featured nine unique physics powers, online level creation and sharing, and a viciously self-aware story. Our next game was Pixel Galaxy, an arcade shooter where you have the power to collect enemies in order to turn them into your shields. Every move you make can get you out of a sticky situtation, or result in your immediate demise.The King's Bird- Experience Freedom, Flight, and Flow.
Our currently in-development game, THe King's Bird, empowers you to experience the beauty of flight and the power of the wind. The game seamlessly combines platforming with the ability to glide through the air.Publishing
In mid-2016, Serenity Forge announced a new publishing branch that focuses on finding other indie games out there that challenge the way you think. Games that have been announced so far include Four Sided Fantasy, Lifeless Planet, and Mystic Melee.
Lifeless Planet: Premier Edition PS4 Trailer YouTube
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Teaser Trailer YouTube
Four Sided Fantasy Launch Trailer YouTube
Mystic Melee Trailer YouTube
The King's Bird Early Teaser YouTube
Pixel Galaxy YouTube
There are far more images available for Serenity Forge, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX Prime 2015 Indie Minibooth Selection (The King's Bird)" - Seattle, WA, 2015
- "Patreon MIX Developer Showcase (The King's Bird)" - San Francisco (GDC), Patreon HQ, 2016
- "MIX E3 Showcase (Four Sided Fantasy)" - Los Angeles, 2016
- "Following the nerd community standard of taking something incredibly complicated and boiling it down to something both fun and easy to use."
- Robert Rappoport, The Indie Game Magazine
- "This was the most mind-bending game I played all week."
- Stephen Totilo, E3 2016, Kotaku
- "The King's Bird looks like one of the most graceful platformers yet."
- Chloi Rad, Kill Screen
- "Have you ever wanted to bend the fabric of space with wormholes? If so, Luna's Wandering Stars just might be the game for you!"
- Crystal Baltimore, Operation Rainfall
- "Yes, you can be a gamer and study for next week's exam all at the same time."
- Jessica Ryan, Colorado Daily
Loving Life Download
Download the short non-fictional visual novel of Zhenghua Yang (Z)'s near-death experience that inspired the creation of Serenity Forge: serenityforge.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Zhenghua Yang (Z)
President and CEO, Producer, Artist
Producer, Marketing Director
Boan (Dian) Ding
Programmer, Technical Artist, Animator
Art Director, Technical Artist
Programmer, UX Designer
Digital Artist, Scenario Designer